New Monthly Giveaway!
Starting this month, we will be giving away 2 copies of a popular title every month from Tuttle Publishing. All you have to do to win is head over to our Facebook page and Like or Share the post about this title. We’ll choose 2 winners and contact you for to arrange delivery.
Tuttle are recognised as one of the leading publishers of books on Japan. They have 2,000+ books in their catalog, by best selling authors, internationally recognized experts and thought leaders in Korean, Japanese, Chinese, and South East Asian Food, Language, Culture, Art and Antiques, History, Martial Arts, Religion, Fiction, Gardening, Flower Arranging, Children and Young Adult books.
The first giveaway title is the Cool Japan Guide by Abby Denson. Here’s more about the title from Amazon:
This full-color graphic novel Japan guidebook is the first of its kind exploring Japanese culture from a cartoonist’s perspective. Cool Japan Guide takes you on a fun tour from the high-energy urban streets of Tokyo to the peaceful Zen gardens and Shinto shrines of Kyoto and introduces you to:
- the exciting world of Japanese food – from bento to sushi and everything in between.
- the otaku (geek) culture of Japan, including a manga market in Tokyo where artists display and sell their original artwork.
- the complete Japanese shopping experience, from combini (not your run-of-the-mill convenience stores!) to depato (department stores with everything).
- the world’s biggest manga, anime and cosplay festivals.
- lots of other exciting places to go and things to do – like zen gardens, traditional Japanese arts, and a ride on a Japanese bullet train.
Whether you’re ready to hop a plane and travel to Japan tomorrow, or interested in Japanese pop culture, this fun and colorful travelogue by noted comic book artist and food blogger Abby Denson, husband Matt, friend Yuuko, and sidekick, Kitty Sweet Tooth, will present Japan in a unique and fascinating way.