Established: April 1, 2006
Updated: May 11, 2018
JapanZone.com (hereinafter called the Company) pays utmost attention to the protection of your personal information. What follows is the Company's policy to treat personal information in all of our online media.
- Purposes of Use of Personal Information
- Information Disclosure and Sharing with a Third Party
- Management of Personal Information
- Editing and Deletion of Personal Information
- Google Analytics Advertising Features
1. Purposes of Use of Personal Information
The Company uses your personal information for the following purposes and if we are to use your personal information otherwise, we will seek your consent on a personal basis. The purposes are to:
- Confirm and fulfil your purchase orders for products or services
- Charge for products and services you purchased and confirm your payment
- Provide after-sales services, such as responding to your inquiries about products purchased
- Provide information about the Company's and suppliers' products, services, and campaigns
- Compile statistical information
- Distribute e-mail newsletters requested by users
- Provide information about the Company's and advertisers' products, services, and campaigns which seem to be useful for users
- Survey the use of, and users' comments on, services provided by the Company and other corporations or organizations
- Provide the Company's services requested by users
- Send certain communications from the Company to users
- Send presents or rewards to users
- As a reference in compiling statistical information about the users of the Company web site
(This information may be used for detailing the Company's services to advertisers or other third parties or for other legitimate purposes. However, the statistical information does not include information that identifies individual users.)
2. Information Disclosure and Sharing with a Third Party
The Company does not disclose or provide personal information to a third party unless:
- The user approves the disclosure or sharing
- The user consigns handling of the whole or a part of the personal information to the Company within the limit for attaining the above-described purposes
- Disclosure or sharing is judged to be necessary for protection of rights, assets, or services of the Company and users
- Information is disclosed in an anonymous form
- Disclosure is required by laws and regulations
3. Management of Personal Information
The Company manages your personal information strictly and in a safe environment under supervision of the management representative.
Information about Credit Cards
Please feel free to contact us (se below) with questions or claims related to credit card payments. But please not that, to ensure safer settlement and faster customer support, the Company processes all credit-card transactions through the Paypal or Sage Pay system. Therefore the Company neither stores credit card details nor shares customer details with any 3rd parties.
4. Editing and Deletion of Personal Information
If you want to edit or delete the personal information you registered in the Company's web site, we will promptly meet your request according to the predetermined procedures. Please contact us at the address below.
To prevent leaks of personal information, we will edit or delete your personal information within a reasonable period only when it is confirmed that the request was made by yourself.
Unsubscribing from Newsletters
You can login to your account and automatically and at any time unsubscribe from e-mail newsletters to which you have subscribed.
In HTML-form newsletters the Company distributes, web beacons are used for statistically tabulating users' accesses. We may publicize statistically processed collective data obtained from web beacons. Such data do not contain information that can be associated with individual users.
The Company uses your IP addresses recorded on web logs mainly to find the causes of problems that occurred in web servers and solve them, and to manage the web site.
6. Google Analytics Advertising Features
Google Analytics Advertising Features allow the Company to enable features in Analytics that aren't available through standard implementations. Advertising features include:
- Remarketing with Google Analytics
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
- Integrated services that require Google Analytics to collect data via advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers
By enabling the Advertising Features, the Company enables Google Analytics to collect data about website traffic via Google advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers, in addition to data collected through a standard Google Analytics implementation.
This policy was updated on May 11, 2018 in keeping with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you have any questions about the protection of personal information, please contact the office shown below or use our contact form.
54 Mackintosh Street
Bromley BR2 9UJ
(Office hours: 9AM-1PM, 2PM-5PM GMT, excluding Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, and company summer and winter holidays)