Kanto Region - Around Tokyo
The Kanto area comprises the Tokyo metropolis and 6 other prefectures: Chiba, Saitama, Kanagawa, Ibaraki, Tochigi and Gunma. The area contains some of the main attractions of any visit to Japan, such as Kamakura, Mt. Fuji (actually located in the neighboring Yamanashi and Shizuoka Prefectures) and Nikko. Many can be seen in a day trip from Tokyo. You could even combine a trip to see Mt. Fuji with a soak in one of Hakone's onsen (hot springs) or follow up a stroll around the temples of Kamakura with a meal at Yokohama's famous Chinatown. The Chichibu-Tama National Park offers unlimited opportunities for hiking and enjoying nature at its best. The little-visited Boso Peninsula, to the east of Tokyo, is a convenient place to get back to nature and away from the crowds. In fact, there are so many interesting scenic and hiking spots around Tokyo that we can't cover them all here. The book 'Day Walks Near Tokyo' is recommended for further reading.
Within the Kanto region:
- See our page on the official websites for each prefecture and major city: Guide to Japan's Regions and Cities
Sites We Like
- TEiJ - Teaching English in Japan
- MastersThesisWriting.com - online dissertation writing service for students who study English.
- Dissertation Easy
- Thesis writing services
- Trusted essay writers at Proessaywriting.com
- Buy cheap fans likes on facebook
- Help with buy term paper
- Discover Canada's top 5 online casino